OUR COURSES FOCUS ON GIVING YOU ALL THE TOOLS AND THE FRAMEWORK FOR BRINGING YOUR PERSONAL COMEDY STYLE TO THE STAGE. AND YOU GET TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A REAL COMEDY CLUB.
Stand-up comedy 2020
Have you always want to try stand-up comedy?
Step out of the box and do something different.This is the class to get you on stage.
You will learn:
- How your funny ideas and authentic stories can be turned into a stand-up comedy set, that is unique to you.
- To write a set using comedy formulas and styles that work for the stage.
- You will discover your comedy persona.
- To use the microphone and stage properly.
- How working with a comedy buddy, will help you.
- The importance of set order, act-outs, and having fun on stage.
- And how to tap into the local comedy scene.
- All classes are collaborative under the guidance of a professional stand-up comic. Open to ages 16+
NEXT CLASS STARTS: January 2020
Dates: We are working on dates now. Please check facebook/instagram on November 30th for final dates. & Show case date too.
Location: New Westminster Easy skytrain location
STAND-UP COMEDY waiting list
So you want to learn some more stand-up comedy. This class takes you beyond the beginner’s class to develop a new comedy set for the stage.
You will learn new writing styles, and exercises, beyond the basic writing formulas. You will develop a solid POV for your comedy act. You’ll learn how to develop one premise into multiple punchlines, short story format, twists on twists, and the power of act outs.
Sessions will also include industry information on how to get club bookings, when you should get paid, where to go to work on your set.
There will be a showcase at the end of the classes.
Dates: Waiting list for October.
Join the waiting list
Location: New Westminster