OUR COURSES FOCUS ON GIVING YOU ALL THE TOOLS AND THE FRAMEWORK FOR BRINGING YOUR PERSONAL COMEDY STYLE TO THE STAGE. AND YOU GET TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A REAL COMEDY CLUB.
Stand-up comedy 2018
Have you always want to try stand-up comedy?
Step out of the box and do something different.This is the class to get you on stage.
You will learn:
- How your funny ideas and authentic stories can be turned into a stand-up comedy set, that is unique to you.
- To write a set using comedy formulas and styles that work for the stage.
- You will discover your comedy persona.
- To use the microphone and stage properly.
- How working with a comedy buddy, will help you.
- The importance of set order, act-outs, and having fun on stage.
- And how to tap into the local comedy scene.
- All classes are collaborative under the guidance of a professional stand-up comic. Open to ages 16+
NEXT CLASS STARTS: October16th
Dates: Tuesdays October 16, 23,30, Nov.6, 13 & Wedesday Nov 14th
Location: New Westminster
STAND-UP COMEDY INTENSIVE sept 2018
This class is for comics wanting more development for your stand-up comedy, one person shows, comedy contests and festivals, or speaking business. You will be going beyond the standard comedy writing formulas to try new directions in your comedy. You will be working on riffing, crowd work, short format story building, call backs and topical jokes. You will be working toward an 8-10 minute set, without using notes.
The classes are demanding and require an incoming assignment due before the first class.
You will be doing a filmed open mic night of riffing and crowd work.
Sessions will include “how to get a paid for feature spots with a show runner”, how to book a guest spot, when should you get paid. Where to go to work on your comedy.
If you are serious about stand up comedy this is the class for you
Dates: In session WAITING LIST FOR OCTOBER
CONTACT US: re Level 2 start dates