Level 2 classes are for comics that have completed a Beginner’s stand-up comedy course. Maybe your have slacked off your writing, or your sets have gone stale, and now you are ready to kick your comedy up a notch.
Do you want to make your material more authentic, and work towards getting paid gigs? Or do you want to take your comedy in a whole new direction?
This class is also good for comedy contest contestants that are honing a tight 5 set.
This class will help you develop new material, and make sure you have a strong comedic POV.
You will be encouraged, through exercises, to experiment with a variety of comedy styles, that may be new to you.
You will learn:
- Writing exercises beyond set-up/punch, in a variety of genres of comedy; storytelling, one liners, topical, alternate, ….
- Ad-libs, riffing, and act outs With an improv class specific for stand-up comics.
- Tips on handling hecklers, and working as an emcee.
- How to promote yourself to club bookers.
THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR WHIMPS you need to:
- Take Honest feedback and direction from a professional paid comic.
- Be prepared to work at your writing and performance, with challenging weekly assignments.
- Participate in the planning and promotion of your showcase. In turn you will be PAID for the Showcase – the class will be instrumental in the end of the classes showcase.