OUR COURSES FOCUS ON GIVING YOU ALL THE TOOLS AND THE FRAMEWORK FOR BRINGING YOUR PERSONAL COMEDY STYLE TO THE STAGE. AND YOU GET TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A REAL COMEDY CLUB.
Stand-up comedy Boot Camp 2020
Have you always want to try stand-up comedy?
Step out of the box and do something different.This is the class to get you on stage. A Boot Camp lets you get on the stage in 3 weeks.
We have a new structure for our classes as we move forward for 2020 with the Covid19 restrictions.
All classes are now online.
You will learn:
- How your funny ideas and authentic stories can be turned into a stand-up comedy set, that is unique to you.
- To write a set using comedy formulas and styles that work for the stage.
- How to discover your comedy persona.
- To use the microphone and stage properly & new online stage skills.
- How working with a comedy buddy, will help you.
- The importance of set order, act-outs, and having fun on stage.
- How to tap into the local comedy scene and the worldwide online comedy scene.
- All classes are collaborative under the guidance of a professional stand-up comic. Open to ages 16+
Dates: October 27,29 Nov 3,5,10 &12th
Showcase: TBD a live showcase at House of Comedy New West will take place if possible.
Classes: 7-9 pm (PST)
Location: Online Zoom class
You do not need a zoom account
Stand-up Comedy for Kids
What the class will offer:
to present their comedy material weekly.
Computer with an ability to sign in to Zoom
A private area where they can stand up and participate when it is their turn, they will be sitting while other students are doing joke material but when their turn comes they will stand-up to do
Spoken Word is now part of the BC curriculum. Oral presentations using story, narrative, poetry, and
comedy are all being used.
- 5 weeks plus an online showcase date
- Thursdays 1pm to 2pm
- Dates: Sept 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15
- Maximum: 12 students max Minimum: 5
- Ages 10-14 all abilities welcome