OUR COURSES FOCUS ON GIVING YOU ALL THE TOOLS AND THE FRAMEWORK FOR BRINGING YOUR PERSONAL COMEDY STYLE TO THE STAGE. AND YOU GET TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A REAL COMEDY CLUB.
Stand-up comedy 2020
Have you always want to try stand-up comedy?
Step out of the box and do something different.This is the class to get you on stage.
You will learn:
- How your funny ideas and authentic stories can be turned into a stand-up comedy set, that is unique to you.
- To write a set using comedy formulas and styles that work for the stage.
- You will discover your comedy persona.
- To use the microphone and stage properly & new online stage skills.
- How working with a comedy buddy, will help you.
- The importance of set order, act-outs, and having fun on stage.
- And how to tap into the local comedy scene and the worldwide online comedy scene.
- All classes are collaborative under the guidance of a professional stand-up comic. Open to ages 16+
NEXT CLASS STARTS: Sept 15th, 2020
Dates: Sept 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, October 1
Showcase: October 2nd, 2020 scheduled for online but House of Comedy opportunites for a live show will be updated.
Classes: 7-9 pm (PST)
Location: Online Zoom class
You do not need a zoom account
Stand-up Comedy for Kids
What the class will offer:
to present their comedy material weekly.
Computer with an ability to sign in to Zoom
A private area where they can stand up and participate when it is their turn, they will be sitting while other students are doing joke material but when their turn comes they will stand-up to do
Spoken Word is now part of the BC curriculum. Oral presentations using story, narrative, poetry, and
comedy are all being used.
- 5 weeks plus an online showcase date
- Tuesdays 1:30-2:30pm (PST)
- Dates: Sept 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14
- Maximum: 10 students Minimum: 5
- Ages 10-14 all abilities welcome